January 30, 2017
The State Law Library often receives questions from grandparents regarding their rights to visit and make decisions for their grandchildren.
This research guide includes information on:
- Texas statutes governing grandparents' rights in child custody issues
- "Plain English" summaries of grandparents' rights
- Information from the Attorney General on visitation laws for grandparents
- Texas Kincare Primer, a resource for relative caregivers
- Hotlines and organizations assisting with family law issues