Monday, June 19, 2017
The State Law Library often receives questions regarding gambling and other related activities such as raffles, bingos, and poker nights.
The best place to find answers to basic questions is on our Frequently Asked Questions page for gambling.
Another valuable resource is our Gambling research guide. This research guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws concerning gambling
- "Plain English" summaries of those laws
- Information on gaming devices known as "eight-liners"
- Attorney General interpretations of state gambling laws
- Recommended titles that can provide further guidance on this topic
- Contact information for the Charitable Bingo Operations Division of the Texas Lottery Commission