September 25, 2017
As Texans begin to recover from Hurricane Harvey, there are various types of legal problems that they may encounter. The State Law Library has created a Disaster Relief research guide to help assist Texans in navigating some of those issues.
Our disaster relief guide includes:
- Contact information for organizations providing legal clinics and hotlines for victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Instructions on how to apply for FEMA Assistance
- Tips on how to avoid disaster fraud and other common scams
- Answers to questions regarding homeowners and flood insurance
- Information for businesses, employees, tenants, landlords, and homeowners