December 18, 2017
The holiday season often leads to bigger purchases and, along with those purchases, questions about warranty laws. Fortunately, the State Law Library's Warranty Law research guide was created to help patrons better understand this topic!
This research guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws governing consumer warranties
- "Plain English" summaries (which can be easier to understand than complex legalese)
- Information from the Federal Trade Commission such as Warranties and Service Contracts 101 and Facts for Consumers on Warranties
- Remote access to e-books such as Consumer Warranty Law, Sales and Leases of Goods in a Nutshell, and Know Your Rights!
- Contact information for consumer protection agencies