The library will hold an intermediate Westlaw training session on Wednesday, February 17th from 12 to 1 pm in the library's conference room. Westlaw training is free but is limited to 15 participants. Please sign up in the library at the circulation desk or call us at (512) 463-1722 to reserve your spot.
The Texas State Law Library will be closed on Monday, February 15th for Presidents' Day. We will reopen with normal library hours at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, February 16th.
In addition to the statutes from 1879 through 1925, we are proud to present our newly digitized volumes of Texas statutes from 1928 through 1960! New volumes include:
- 1928 Complete Texas Statutes with the 1931 and 1934 supplements
- 1936 Vernon's Texas Statutes with the 1938, 1939, 1942, 1943, and 1945 supplements
- 1948 Vernon's Texas Statutes (2 volumes) with the 1950, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1958, and 1960 supplements
All of these digitized statutes (1879–1960) can be read in your browser or viewed/downloaded as a PDF (all of which have a bookmarked table of contents). Additionally, all of the volumes are searchable when viewed in your browser as well as in the PDF format.
The library would like to thank:
- Austin Bar Foundation for their $5000 grant to begin the digitization process, which funded 1928-1936 (4 volumes).
- Thomson Reuters, current copyright holders of the printed Texas statutes, for allowing us to provide access to the statutes from 1928 onward.