This month the library will be hosting a beginner Lexis training course on Wednesday, June 28th from 12 – 1 pm in the library's mezzanine. The training is free and qualifies for 1 hour of CLE credit, but it is limited to 20 participants. Please sign up in the library at the reference desk or call us at (512) 463-1722 to reserve your spot.
The State Law Library often receives questions regarding gambling and other related activities such as raffles, bingos, and poker nights.
The best place to find answers to basic questions is on our Frequently Asked Questions page for gambling.
Another valuable resource is our Gambling research guide. This research guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws concerning gambling
- "Plain English" summaries of those laws
- Information on gaming devices known as "eight-liners"
- Attorney General interpretations of state gambling laws
- Recommended titles that can provide further guidance on this topic
- Contact information for the Charitable Bingo Operations Division of the Texas Lottery Commission