Are you already married or planning to get married? The State Law Library often receives questions related to this topic. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a Marriage in Texas research guide.
This research guide includes:
- Instructions for obtaining a marriage license, including county-specific instructions
- Information on who may conduct the ceremony
- Links to our pages on same sex marriage, common law marriage, premarital agreements, and community property
- Forms that can be used to register a common law marriage or complete an adult name change
- Remote access to e-books such as Texas Family Law Practice and Procedure, Living Together: A Legal Guide for Unmarried Couples, and Community Property in a Nutshell