We're excited to announce that we have digitized and uploaded the 1968, 1970, and 1972 historical Texas statutes to our website! This is part of our ongoing project to digitize and make available online older Texas laws. These 4 volumes are the final supplements to the 1948 statutes, and we hope to digitize the statutes through 1984 soon. Our thanks to the Texas Bar Foundation for funding the digitization of the 1968, 1970, and 1972 supplements.
The Texas State Law Library will be closed on Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.
We will reopen with normal library hours at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30th.
The State Law Library has created a new research guide to help you draft legal documents that are clear, appropriate to their audience and purpose, and cited properly.
This research guide includes resources for:
- Learning the fundamentals of legal writing
- Writing legal briefs and memoranda
- Understanding the rules of legal citation
It also includes information on:
- Journals and other online resources for learning about legal writing
- Technology solutions for legal writing