The library will hold an advanced Westlaw training session on Wednesday, June 26th from noon to 1 p.m. in the library's mezzanine. Westlaw training is free and qualifies for 1 hour of CLE credit, but it is limited to 20 participants. Please sign up online or call us at (512) 463-1722 to reserve your spot.
The laws regarding cannabis and its various compounds are changing rapidly and can vary widely from state to state. The State Law Library frequently receives questions regarding cannabidiol oil (CBD oil), medical marijuana use, and industrial hemp farming. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a new research guide.
This guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws that classify marijuana as a controlled substance and prohibit recreational use
- "Plain English" summaries of various marijuana-related offenses and their potential penalties
- Online access to titles such as Marijuana Law in a Nutshell
- The Texas Compassionate-Use Act, a law governing the use of low-THC cannabis to treat certain medical conditions
- Recently passed legislation (H.R. 2 and House Bill 1325) that will regulate the growth of hemp with a THC concentration of less than 0.3% by dry weight