Many of our patrons have questions related to credit access businesses, more commonly referred to as "payday loan" companies or "title loan" companies. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a Payday Loans research guide.
This research guide includes information on:
- Texas laws governing payday loans
- Local ordinances related to the payday lending industry
- "Plain English" summaries of those laws
- Information from the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Relevant studies on payday and auto title loans
- Resources for credit access businesses from the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner