The Texas State Law Library will be closed on Monday, May 29th for Memorial Day.
We will reopen with normal library hours at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 30th.
This month the library will be hosting a Lexis training course on researching expert witnesses. The training will take place Tuesday, May 23rd from 12 – 1 pm in the library's mezzanine. The training is free and qualifies for 1 hour of CLE credit, but it is limited to 20 participants. Please sign up in the library at the reference desk or call us at (512) 463-1722 to reserve your spot.
The State Law Library has created a new research guide to help you draft legal documents that are clear, appropriate to their audience and purpose, and cited properly.
This research guide includes resources for:
- Learning the fundamentals of legal writing
- Writing legal briefs and memoranda
- Understanding the rules of legal citation
It also includes information on:
- Journals and other online resources for learning about legal writing
- Technology solutions for legal writing