We're hiring! The library has a part-time Digital Projects Assistant position available. Read a full description of the position and instructions on how to apply.
As tax season approaches, Texans who suffered the effects of Hurricane Harvey may be interested in knowing the various forms of financial relief that are available to them. To assist, our librarians have created a disaster-related Tax Relief research guide.
Our tax relief guide includes:
- State and federal laws regarding tax relief for disaster victims
- After Hurricane Harvey [PDF], a pamphlet from Thomson-Reuters that provides tax relief information for homeowners, renters, businesses, and others affected by Hurricane Harvey
- Information from the Texas Comptroller's Office on Declared Natural Disasters and Emergencies Tax Help and Property Taxes in Disaster Areas
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid's publications Casualty Loss Deductions [PDF] and Disaster Relief - Property Taxes [PDF]
- Tax tips and legal guidance from the IRS.