The State Law Library serves the legal research needs of the Texas Supreme Court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, the Office of the Attorney General, other state agencies and commissions, and the citizens of the state.
To help facilitate our patrons' legal research needs, the library offers the following public services. Click on a link for details about a public service. If you have any questions about the services we provide, please contact us.
- Ask a Librarian
- Document Delivery — obtain certain case documents and excerpts of library materials
- Inmate Copy Service — document delivery service for TDCJ inmates
- Mailing List
- Reference Librarians — legal research assistance from a reference librarian
- Lexis Training — monthly Lexis training sessions that qualify for continuing legal education (CLE) credit
- Westlaw Training — monthly Westlaw training sessions that qualify for continuing legal education (CLE) credit
- Wi-Fi in the Library — free public Wi-Fi access in the library