The library has a conference room that is primarily for the use of the library in conducting staff meetings and programs that enrich and extend library services to the community. When this room is not in use by the library, it is available without charge to any governmental agency, judicial body, bar association, non-profit organization, or attorney licensed to practice law by a state or federal bar for non-partisan and non-commercial purposes.
Conference Room Rules
The library reserves the right to review, accept, or reject any or all requests for conference room use. By using the conference room, you agree to abide by our conference room policy, including the following rules:
- The conference room is available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. Reservations are limited to 3 hours per day unless otherwise approved. Meetings must be concluded by 4:30 p.m. — 30 minutes prior to the closing of the library. Scheduled time must include set up and break down.
- The library's conference room can hold 12 people with chairs and tables. For other configurations, please coordinate with the library to make sure we can accommodate your group. The room is 16' by 20' and is located on the ground floor.
- The conference room must be left in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition, and must be returned to its original configuration. Failure to do so could result in the organization or individual being prohibited from using the library's conference room in the future.
- Any filming or recording is not allowed unless it has been pre-approved by the Texas Facilities Commission. Organizations or individuals are required to inform the library if they wish to film or record so that permission can be confirmed prior to the reservation time.
- Abuse of the online reservation system or repeated no-shows may result in the organization or individual being prohibited from using the conference room in the future.
- Conference room use may not interfere with the normal operation of the library.
Please review the full list of provisions in our conference room policy before requesting a reservation.
Make a Reservation Request
- Click the time you'd like in the calendar and add the required information. The personal information submitted in your request (name, email address, etc.) is only viewable by you in your web browser — other members of the public cannot see your request. Once you submit a request, you have up to 30 minutes to edit your information or delete your request. Please note that reservations are limited to three hours at a time and we do not allow reoccurring reservations that exceed three months. You are also welcome to make a reservation by contacting the library in person or by phone at (512) 463-1722.
- Library staff will review your request and send you a confirmation e-mail once your request has been approved. Requests are considered pending until you receive a confirmation e-mail from the library. We will follow up with you via e-mail if there is an issue with your reservation.
- Please let staff know ahead of time if you need to cancel or change your reservation. Your reservation may be automatically canceled if you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled reservation.
- If there are no other reservations at the end of your three-hour reservation, you are welcome to continue to use the conference room. Please check with library staff at the reference desk for availability.