The library has a conference room that is primarily for the use of the library in conducting staff meetings and programs that enrich and extend library services to the community. When this room is not in use by the library, it is available without charge to any governmental agency, judicial body, bar association, non-profit organization, or attorney licensed to practice law by a state or federal bar for non-partisan and non-commercial purposes.
Conference Room Rules
The library reserves the right to review, accept, or reject any or all requests for conference room use. Requests are considered pending until you receive a confirmation e-mail from the library. By using the conference room, you agree to abide by our conference room policy, including the following rules:
- The conference room is available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. Meetings must be concluded by 4:30 p.m. — 30 minutes prior to closing of the library. Scheduled time must include set up and break down.
- The library's conference room can hold 12 people with chairs and tables. For other configurations, please coordinate with the library to make sure we can accommodate your group. The room is 16' by 20' and is located on the ground floor.
- The conference room must be left in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition, and must be returned to its original configuration. Failure to do so could result in the organization or individual being prohibited from using the library's conference room in the future.
- Any filming or recording is not allowed unless it has been pre-approved by the Texas Facilities Commission. Organizations or individuals are required to inform the library if they wish to film or record so that permission can be confirmed prior to the reservation time.
- Abuse of the online reservation system or repeated no-shows may result in the organization or individual being prohibited from using the conference room in the future.
- Conference room use may not interfere with the normal operation of the library.
Please review the full list of provisions in our conference room policy before requesting a reservation.
Make a Reservation Request
- Click the time you'd like in the calendar and add the required information. Your request will appear on the Pending calendar. Please note that the personal information you submit is only viewable by you in your web browser — other members of the public cannot see your pending request. You are also welcome to make a reservation by contacting the library in person or by phone at (512) 463-1722.
- Library staff will review your request and send you a confirmation e-mail once your request has been approved. Pending requests will appear on the Reserved calendar after approval from library staff. We will follow up with you via e-mail if there is an issue with your reservation.
- Please let library staff know ahead of time if you need to cancel or change your reservation after it has been approved. Your reservation may be automatically cancelled if you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the scheduled reservation.