Monday, August 27, 2018
At the library, we often get the same questions about consumer protection issues over and over again. To assist our patrons, we compiled the answers to our most frequently asked consumer protection questions on our website. While we are unable to provide legal advice or address your specific situation, the information on these pages may help you to answer your own question. Examples of questions related to consumer protection include:
- Can a business charge me more for using a credit card or a debit card instead of cash?
- How late can telemarketers call?
- A business is asking me for my Social Security number (SSN). Can I refuse to provide it?
- Is there a Lemon Law in Texas? Does it cover used cars?
- Do I have 3 days to return a purchase or cancel a contract in Texas?