Marriage in Texas
November 4, 2019
Are you already married or planning to get married? The State Law Library often receives questions related to this topic. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a Marriage in Texas research guide.
This research guide includes:
- Instructions for obtaining a marriage license, including county-specific instructions
- Information on who may conduct the ceremony
- Links to our pages on same sex marriage, common law marriage, premarital agreements, and community property
- Forms that can be used to register a common law marriage or complete an adult name change
- Remote access to e-books such as Texas Family Law Practice and Procedure, Living Together: A Legal Guide for Unmarried Couples, and Community Property in a Nutshell
If you have any questions or would like more information about our other Legal Research Guides please don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!