Complimentary Access to Lexis Advance Ending July 30th
July 1, 2021
The State Law Library's temporary remote access to the Lexis Advance program will end on July 30th! If you haven't already signed up for access, be sure to do so soon. Read on for details about accessing an account remotely, so please review and let us know if you have questions.
Sign up to receive a temporary ID that gives you access to Lexis Advance until July 30th. This service is being offered to our library patrons by the LexisNexis State and Local Government team to promote access during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How do I sign up for my temporary ID?
- Click here to sign up for Lexis Advance
- You will receive a welcome e-mail with your temporary ID within 1 business day of your request.
- Once you receive the e-mail, you can log in to Lexis Advance through the end of July.
What can I access?
You have until the end of July 30th to access primary sources of law. This includes case law and annotated statutes. In addition, you can receive 3-day access to secondary sources like practice guides and legal treatises.
How do I access secondary sources like practice guides or legal treatises?
Within your July trial period, LexisNexis can also provide 3-day access to the secondary sources usually available when you visit the library in person. To request access to secondary sources:
- Create your temporary ID.
- Use our Ask a Librarian e-mail form and tell us you'd like to access secondary sources on Lexis.
- We will forward your request to the LexisNexis team.
- They will provide you with login information via e-mail.
- Your 3-day period begins when LexisNexis e-mails you, not when you first log in.
Can I extend my 3-day access to secondary sources?
Yes! There is no limit to the number of times you can re-request access within the July trial period. E-mail us again and we are happy to forward your request for another 3 days of access through the end of July.
Happy Pride Month!