The State Law Library typically hosts Westlaw training sessions once a month from noon to 1:00 p.m. These training sessions are conducted by a Westlaw representative, and each session qualifies for 1 hour of continuing legal education (CLE) credit. These sessions are free and open to the public, but they are limited to 20 participants. We send out an e-mail announcement every month as a reminder; to receive these announcements, please sign up for our mailing list. The class schedule and descriptions for each training are available below.
To reserve a spot, please call us at (512) 463-1722.
If you are unable to attend our training sessions in person, Westlaw also provides online training for many topics including Westlaw Next. These online trainings are free but are not eligible for CLE credit.
About the Trainings
- Beginner Westlaw training is aimed at those who have no or limited experience with Westlaw and would like to learn more.
- Intermediate Westlaw training is aimed at those familiar with the basic Westlaw interface and would like to learn more.
- Advanced Westlaw training is aimed at those who are already familiar with Westlaw and would like to learn more about its advanced features and use.
- Statutory and legislative research training focuses on how to locate current statutes, determine prior versions of statutes, cite check, and locate or compile legislative histories on Westlaw.
- Ethics training focuses on ethics-related research on Westlaw and provides one hour of ethics CLE credit.