May 21, 2018
The State Law Library often receives questions related to credit reporting. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a Credit Reports research guide.
This research guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws governing credit reporting
- "Plain English" summaries of those laws
- Information from the Federal Trade Commission on credit and loans and how to dispute errors on your report
- Remote access to e-books such as Richard Alderman's Know Your Rights! and NOLO's Credit Repair and Solve Your Money Troubles
- Contact information for the major credit reporting agencies and AnnualCreditReport.com, the only website authorized by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to provide your free annual credit report
If you have any questions or would like more information about our other Legal Research Guides please don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!