May 21, 2018
The State Law Library often receives questions related to credit reporting. To assist in answering those questions, our librarians have created a Credit Reports research guide.
This research guide includes information on:
- State and federal laws governing credit reporting
- "Plain English" summaries of those laws
- Information from the Federal Trade Commission on credit and loans and how to dispute errors on your report
- Remote access to e-books such as Richard Alderman's Know Your Rights! and NOLO's Credit Repair and Solve Your Money Troubles
- Contact information for the major credit reporting agencies and AnnualCreditReport.com, the only website authorized by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to provide your free annual credit report