November 19, 2018
The State Law Library recently published a new Elder Law research guide. This guide combines information from several different areas of law to create a comprehensive resource that may be useful for senior Texans and those who care for them.
Included in our research guide:
- Links to our research guides on grandparents' rights, guardianship, powers of attorney, veterans' resources, and wills and directives
- The Houston Bar Association's Elder Law Handbook
- Texas Health and Human Services' information page on aging
- Remote access to e-books such as A Short and Happy Guide to Elder Law, Elder Law in a Nutshell, and The Legal Answer Book for Families
- Contact information for the Legal Hotline for Texans, a free legal hotline for Texans over the age of 60 or Texans who receive Medicare