November 19, 2018
The State Law Library recently published a new Elder Law research guide. This guide combines information from several different areas of law to create a comprehensive resource that may be useful for senior Texans and those who care for them.
Included in our research guide:
- Links to our research guides on grandparents' rights, guardianship, powers of attorney, veterans' resources, and wills and directives
- The Houston Bar Association's Elder Law Handbook
- Texas Health and Human Services' information page on aging
- Remote access to e-books such as A Short and Happy Guide to Elder Law, Elder Law in a Nutshell, and The Legal Answer Book for Families
- Contact information for the Legal Hotline for Texans, a free legal hotline for Texans over the age of 60 or Texans who receive Medicare
If you have any questions or would like more information about our other Legal Research Guides please don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!