Complimentary Access to Lexis Advance
December 1, 2020
Take advantage of temporary remote access to Lexis Advance! Procedures have changed, so please review and let us know if you have questions.
Update: This program ends July 30th, 2021.
Sign up to receive a temporary ID that gives you access to Lexis Advance for 30 days. This service is being offered to our library patrons by the LexisNexis State and Local Government team.
How do I sign up for my temporary ID?
- Click here to sign up for Lexis Advance
- You will receive a welcome e-mail with your temporary ID within 1 business day of your request.
- Once you receive the e-mail, you can log in to Lexis Advance for 30 days.
What can I access?
You have 30 days to access primary sources of law. This includes case law and annotated statutes. In addition, you can receive 3-day access to secondary sources like practice guides and legal treatises.
How do I access secondary sources like practice guides or legal treatises?
Within your 30 days, LexisNexis can also provide 3-day access to the secondary sources usually available when you visit the library in person. To request access to secondary sources:
- Create your temporary ID.
- Use our Ask a Librarian e-mail form and tell us you'd like to access secondary sources on Lexis.
- We will forward your request to the LexisNexis team.
- They will provide you with login information via e-mail.
- Your 3-day period begins when LexisNexis e-mails you, not when you first log in.
Can I extend my 3-day access to secondary sources?
Yes! There is no limit to the number of times you can re-request access within the 30 days. E-mail us again and we are happy to forward your request for another 3 days of access during the 30-day period.