Complimentary Access to Lexis Advance
December 1, 2020
Sign up to receive a temporary ID that gives you access to Lexis Advance for 30 days. This service is being offered to our library patrons by the LexisNexis State and Local Government team.
How do I sign up for my temporary ID?
- Click here to sign up for Lexis Advance
- You will receive a welcome e-mail with your temporary ID within 1 business day of your request.
- Once you receive the e-mail, you can log in to Lexis Advance for 30 days.
What can I access?
You have 30 days to access primary sources of law. This includes case law and annotated statutes.
How do I access secondary sources like practice guides or legal treatises?
LexisNexis provides 3-day access to the secondary sources usually available when you visit the library in person. To request access:
- Use our Ask a Librarian e-mail form and tell us you'd like to access secondary sources on Lexis.
- We will forward your request to the LexisNexis team.
- They will provide you with login information via e-mail.
- Your 3-day period begins when LexisNexis e-mails you, not when you first log in.
Can I extend my 3-day access to secondary sources?
Yes. E-mail us again to request another 3 days of access.